Thursday, May 19, 2011

Attention indie artist/writers and bands....

Ive had a Live Journal for 10 years and sadly,it's dying out just like Friendster,Napster and even Myspace.Now we have new and excited things for the lazy 30+plus crowd... Blogger,Facebook,twitter and the like.And don't forget for the 20 and under scene ...TUMBLR! wonder when everyone will be pulled by force of dot com nature to be on that site when all these other ones dies..WHICH they will..Thats not to say I don't waste away most days on them..But it's true,whats next?
But this is MY blog.I made it for helping out other indie poets,indie artists,film makers and musicians.
I write reviews,I do interviews I donate to charities for indie artists..But what do YOU people do besides get the latest pseudo rock star look and name drop and act cool?
THATS exactly where you come in..I need ideas,bands and writers in Seattle and the whole west coast that you think I should do a feature/column/blog about for a very possible new magazine gig I might be getting. don't just SIT their bragging about how many guest lists you were on last month or how many singers you got your photo with HELP THEM!..Promote them send them to me or my associates..Email me a list of Northwest indie bands that are not getting the attention you think they should..Love a poet who is self published and is so good  that the words bring tears to your eyes? then make a list email them to me,I'm gonna be your girl.That being said...good night (it's 7am)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Acrylic, the best band since The Velvet Underground just formed recently in Brooklyn, theyr called Teardrops. They sound like they come from the late 60's. Im obsessed with them, i wish i could go down there and get them more exposure as they are still pretty unknown at this stage even tho theyr music is getting feutured in video shoots for Vogue magazine.

    Take a listen
    http://teardropsny.blogspot.com/p/music.html

    - F.A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I'm gonna check them out now!!! It's nice to hear the VU comparison my band got that a lot too! thanks..and how come i can't follow you?

    ReplyDelete