Sunday, June 17, 2012

the Organ Donor CD review


The Oregon Donor
"Somethings"

By Kim Acrylic

Somethings Cover

TRACK LISTINGS
1) 3rd Level Wizard
2) Autumn Anthem
3) Pointer Finger
4) Pocket Knife Engraving in Bark
5) Story
6) Patience Please
7) Good Advice
8) Circle & Cross
9) Crusade
10) Conquistadors
11) Patient Prayer

The Oregon Donor, are a band from Anacortes, Washington. They are your typical fun indie rockers. With Built To Spill-ish melodies I find myself both nostalgic and impressed. Some might say they don't have their own sound, I can see that but at the same time, what they do on this album should make up for ANY comparisons. 

This is a band that I would love to see live, full of energy and emotional vocals the album "Somethings" take you through power pop,pure indie and pop punk all in one song. I would describe this album as a "cleaner" Modest Mouse, defiantly established and not sloppy. I really liked the 2nd song on the album "Autumn Anthem" I liked the lyrics and the indie sounding vocals and most of all the catchy tune yet its melodic at the same time. A definite shoegazer tint. in a dream pop wonderland. The Oregon Donor is here. 
The Oregon Doner
The Oregon Donor

Kim Acrylic

No comments:

Post a Comment